Hyperinflation is more or less by definition the terminal stage of any fiat currency. In hyperinflation money loses most of its value practically overnight. Hyperinflation is often the result of increasing regular inflation to the point where all confidence in money is lost, but there can also be other immediate causes. It is important to understand that in a fiat monetary system, the value of money is based on confidence, and once that confidence is gone, money irreversibly becomes worthless, regardless of its scarcity.
It is often argued that all fiat money eventually will become worthless. This has certainly been the case in the past. On the other hand it could also be argued that the current fiat monetary systems have not led to hyperinflation, and it seems unlikely that they will. It is not a very convincing argument, though, as hyperinflation never seems likely until it is well underway. Looking at the past, there is certainly a lot of evidence that all fiat money will eventually lose its value.
Recent Hyperinflation News
- M&M Pushing Triple-Net Lease Sales Despite Low SupplyORLANDO- Marcus & Millichap are getting busy in the net lease sector. Marcus & Millichap Real Estate Investment Services recent sold the highest-priced Walgreens in the southeastern United states and inked two other recent deals in a mini-flurry of activity in this competitive arena.
- Hoyt building changes hands in 1031 exchangeDeveloper Brad Hoyt and his Continental Property Group were set to have a 245,000-square-foot commercial building in Plymouth transfer to a lender after defaulting on a multimillion-dollar mortgage. But the property is instead going to an undisclosed investor in a 1031 exchange, a tax sheltering mechanism.
- Daytona Beach Real Estate Investors Use Special Techniques to Build Rapid Wealth in Current Real Estate MarketFind out how to protect your assets and use a 1031 Exchange or Self Directed IRA to build wealth. [PR.com]
- Calkain Sets Up Triple Net Retail Shop in South FloridaFT. LAUDERDALE? Calkain Companies is heading south. The Washington, D.C. triple net lease specialist is opening an office in Fort Lauderdale to complement its office in Tampa.
- NES Financial to Exhibit Industry-Leading 1031 Exchange Solutions during TIPRO?s 66th Annual ConventionThe company?s industry-leading 1031 Exchange Solutions offers TIPRO attendees methods to free-up capitalSan Jose, CA (PRWEB) March 13, 2012 NES Financial, a leading provider of 1031 exchange services for the oil and gas industry, is scheduled to return to TIPRO?s 66th Annual Convention on March 27-28, 2012 in Dallas, Texas and exhibit its leading 1031 Exchange Solutions. …
- Opus Bank Appoints Phil Petrozzi Senior Vice President, Senior Managing Director of Fiduciary Banking DivisionOpus Bank (the ?Bank?) announced today that Phil Petrozzi has joined the Bank as Senior Vice President, Senior Managing Director – Fiduciary Banking Division, a new division within the Bank?s Commercial Business Banking division.
- Herb’s Market In Montauk Is Up For SaleAn eagle-eyed reader pointed out that “for the first time in 60 years” Herb’s Market in Montauk is up for sale. And what are they hoping to get for the business?
- Performance Contracts Drive Double-Digit Growth in the Energy Management Services Market, States Frost & SullivanMOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Mar. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — The simultaneous occurrence of an economic crash, the widespread implementation of regulations for energy efficiency, and an increase in financial incentives …
- McCourt To Make At Least $400 Million Profit On Sale Of DodgersIn the end, Frank McCourt will get the last laugh. The embattled owner of Major League Baseball?s , ridiculed by his team?s supporters and forced to sell his trophy franchise by commissioner Bud Selig, is going to pocket more than $400 million when all is said and done. Here?s the math: Let?s say the Dodgers …
- Peak Finance Company and Gaspar Insurance Services Co-Sponsor Path 2 Buy WorkshopOn March 29, 2012, Kirk Jaffe, Executive Vice President , Originations for Peak Finance Company (http://www.peakfinanceco.com) and Tim Gaspar, owner/CEO of Gaspar Insurance Services (http://www.gasparinsurance.com) will conduct a workshop to help renters develop a plan for home ownership. …